Monday, February 6, 2012

The Sheep Grazing at Best Buy

I don't know the whole story, but I overheard enough to get this: The customer at the "Customer Service" counter at Best Buy was talking to the manager. The customer was (apparently) complaining because his credit card had been billed twice for the same item. The manager was there - explaining - he must have said it 10 time - "Sir, I'm telling you, there is nothing I can do about this"

And the people in line are rolling their eyes and grumbling about the stupid customer. I mentioned to the guy behind me in line - "I miss the good ol' days, when the customer was always right!" to which, the guy responds that the customer isn't always right.


So, then it's my turn, and as I return the product, with the receipt, and I explain that it does not function. The lady behind the counter says "ok, I'll need to see an ID, please." I explained that it was a cash transaction. See - the people at the "Customer Service" desk at Best Buy don't give a rat's ass about what the customer wants. That's not really fair, I'm sure they care a little bit. But they don't care enough to give the customer what they want.

Now, the people working there are bad enough, but I sort of cut them a little slack. The gal behind the counter "helping" me gave me a look like she'd rather not deal with me. That's ok, Even though I'm polite, I don't imagine I'm a fun customer to have. But what really bugs me was the line of sheep waiting.

These "people" are really sheep. And they don't know it, and if they even suspected, they wouldn't care enough to investigate. I've got friends who are like that. I don't know too many people who aren't.

See, the metaphor goes like this. The sheep are grazing, and they see one of their flock outside the fence -and they bleat - 'baaaaa', 'baaaa' because they don't know what else to do. But all they do is alert the farmer. They say: "OMG, a sheep is outside the fence!! - someone is outside the fence!!!"

Either you're going to know what I'm talking about, or not. But that's what I saw at Best Buy on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment